[Orange County Democratic Committee] Fw: Rise Against Hunger Flyer & Press Release

terry anderson taa51 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 19 11:47:39 EST 2019

________________________________
From: Orange <orangerotaryclub at gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 10:21 PM
To: 'terry anderson'; 'Donna Waugh-Robinson'; Adrianna Waddy; Barry Barr; bob_brockman; Caleb Ewing; Cecil Snead; chuck at masonva.com; dacree; David Laylin; Ellen Wessel; Erich Uhlmann; Frederick Nichols; Greg Dudley; John James; Katie Hill; Mark Herndon; Ray Palmer; Sam Kessler - Rotary email; townmanager at townoforangeva.org
Subject: Rise Against Hunger Flyer & Press Release

Members, et al:

I’m attaching the marketing materials for the upcoming Rise Against Hunger Meal Packaging Event to be held on March 8th. The Press Release is suitable to cut and paste into any emails you send out. If you can not open the Word version, cut and paste the press release, below.

We’ll review how to add some of this info into you FB accounts and on Instagram at the next meeting, February 19th.

Thanks to all,

Jamie McConnell
[Rotary-Sig]
Webmaster / Treasury / President
P.O. Box 187, Orange, VA 22960
o. 540-672-1039   c. 540-222-7745
www.OrangeRotaryVa.org

Rise Against Hunger – PRESS RELEASE

Please join a lively hoard of ORANGE COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS and ORANGE ROTARIAns to help end WORLD HUNGER
March 8, 2019  3:15pm – 5:15pm, Orange County High school gymnasium

For two hours, we work together in teams to package over 10,000 highly nutritious meals.  The meals are primarily used to support school feeding programs in developing countries. All of our meals are packaged by volunteer groups and the volunteers fundraise to pay for the full cost of the meals

Click HERE<https://orangerotaryva.org/page/rise-against-hunger> to donate and/or register.  Volunteers, please consider donating $7.00 or more to help us meet our goal of $3,452 for 10,152 meals. Your $7 buys 20 meals
Browse to www.RiseAgainstHunger.org<http://www.RiseAgainstHunger.org> for more information about their missions. Food can empower who communities!

·         Meals consist of rice, soy vegetable, and 23 essential vitamins & minerals

·         Since 1998, the meals have been used as a basis of support to nourish schooling children in the world’s poorest countries.

·         The Rotary of Orange is seeking financial assistance, at $0.35 per meal, by March 8th, to package over 10,000 meals

·         Your $7 contribution buys 20 meals! This is a program with real impact.

·         “Every $1 spent on prevention of malnutrition delivers $16 in economic returns.”

·         Meals are distributed and used in Responding to Emergencies, as a Safety Net, and to empower communities to sustain themselves.

·         Where the aid goes - HERE<http://www.riseagainsthunger.org/world-aid/>